I can admit it, I am a freak about some things. Certain things matter to me that REALLY shouldn't. It must be part of my OCD. That being said, it is really important to me that the Sunday before Christmas (or Easter) my boys have something nice to wear...and oh yeah, by the way...it MUST match. RJ and I HAVE to match as well. I know, I know, it's really dumb. And at the end of this life, is it really going to matter that my boys holiday clothes matched?? YES, IT WILL!!! at least to me : )Back in November, I had found a tie on clearance at Childrens Place for Parker with black, grey, and Christmas red. So that was it...those were the colors that we were going to wear this year. However, for weeks, I searched store after store on a quest for these colors in Sunday clothes for the rest of my boys with no success.
FINALLY, the friday prior, 2 days before, I found a red tie at Penny's for Easton. HOORAY!! But still hadn't found ANYTHING for Davis and Hayes.
By the way, Davis was VERY PARTICULAR this year that he wanted to wear a "sweater" for Christmas. In Davis dictionary, that means sweater vest. I don't really know why, but Davis LOVES THEM!!!
So here I was, the day before and 2 of my boys had nothing. That night, RJ and I went out on a date. And much to RJ's disappointment, for our date night, we were on a mission to find outfits for my 2 youngest boys to match there 2 older brothers for church the next day. We went to Target (where I had been before, with no luck) and there it was, a complete outfit for Hayes...and on sale. HOORAY!!! One down and one to go. All that was still needed was an outfil for Davis. So next we were off to Kohl's (which I had also been before, and nothin') and we found a complete outfit for Davis, also on sale!!
IT WAS A FESTIVOUS CHRISTMAS MIRACLE.I couldn't believe that the night before they were needed, I had FINALLY found MATCHING SUNDAY outfits for my boys. In my small little life, it was a triumph!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment