Sunday, January 3, 2010

OUR Christmas Hanukkah

Christmas Hanukkah, that's what we call it!! It's our families Christmas festivities that we celebrate every year. It last 3 nights over the Christmas holiday!
On the 23rd of December, we always get together to celebrate Christmas with The Phafflin's, RJ's mom's side of the family. The night of Christmas Eve is always spent with my side of the family, The Jensen's. Then Christmas Night, we make the trip out to Scottsdale to spend the night with The Mullers, RJ's Dad's side of the family.
Each party has it's own special traditions that we LOVE and can't wait to enjoy each year.
Phafflin party-there are LOTS and LOTS of young cousins that my boys get to play with. Also, I HAVE to mention (my ultimate fav of the holiday season) Mom's FABULOUS won-tons which I crave every year!! Recently, the Phafflin's have started a white elephant gift exchange that is always hilarious and it usually makes me laugh so hard that my face hurts by the end of the night.
Christmas Eve with The Jensen's--The night always starts with a nice sit-down dinner. The last 2 years, we've eaten out at Macayo's...YUMMY!!! Then we go back to Grammy and Grandpa Jensen's for a Christmas story and our gift exchange. My boys always LOVE Christmas Eve with the Jensen's. They enjoy Grandpa reading them a different story each Christmas and the special spirit it brings.
Christmas Night at The Muller's- Coach Grandad and Grandma Holly started an AWESOME tradition years back that my boys & their cousins, The Lefebvre boys, always look forward too. They wrap up a 100 or more small dollar store gifts and put them in a HUGE box. They have the presents all labeled for each of there 7 grandsons. Then one or two of the Grandson's get to be Coach Granddad's "helper" and dive, yes...DIVE into this box to get the presents out for them and there cousins. The boys LOVE it!!
I am truly grateful for an AMAZING family on both my side, and RJ's side. I am grateful that everyone lives so close and that we are blessed to see them often. I am grateful for the wonderful memories that have been created by my parents and RJ's parents for my children. I am grateful that my boys have come to know and LOVE all their Grandparents. Every Christmas my boys are over stimulated and over spoiled by there WONDERFUL, LOVING grandparents...but I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments: