Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oh Holy Crap!!!

As many of you know, Hayes JUST turned 1 on the 15th of April. Now, I love Hayes very, very much. I am so glad that he is a member of our family & I wouldn't trade him for the world BUT he is the most high maintenance child that I have. Ever since he was born, he's just hard. He's not a bad boy. He is just VERY, VERY busy. I've had a hard time keeping up with him since the day we brought him home from the hospital. He's into EVERYTHING!!!
First he has been scooting since he was about 5months old, reaching what ever he wanted. So I had to make sure that my floors were ALWAYS clean so he wouldn't eat something off the floor that he shouldn't.
Second, Once Hayes was able to pull him self up onto furniture, he would get into the bathrooms and play in the toliet. Didn't matter what was in the toliet, he didn't care. Hayes would pull himself up and splash, splash, splash in the toliet water. We solved that by keeping the doors closed.
Then Hayes figured out how to open the cabinets, so I was always following behind him, cleaning up what ever he had pulled out. We fixed that by putting on baby locks. But then Hayes moved to opening drawers, so I always have piles of stuff on my floor that he has pulled out from the drawers he can reach. This includes all my pot holders, toothbrushes, hair clips & ties, dish rags...anything he is tall enough to reach, is out on my floor. Well 2 weeks ago, RIGHT AFTER Hayes turned 1, This is what he figured out... So now, every door in my house is ALWAYS locked. My other boys now have to wait to go to the bathroom till I can find a key & unlock the bathroom door for them.
What is it between our first born and our last born that changes?? With Parker, I wanted him to reach all of his milestones quickly and I was so excited when he did. With Hayes, each milestone that he reaches is a nightmare for me. The more he learns how to do, the less control I have over what he does...AGH!!! I KNOW why he came into our family last...it's so that I would NEVER be tempted to have any more children. I can't even keep up with the one toddler that I have now ;)All I can say is that it's a good thing he's cute!!

1 comment:

The Eliason's said...

I'm TELLING you...the 4th is the KILLER!!! :D have fun with this. Do you want me to keep a spare key @ my house for when you loose all yours?