Nebulizer, Albuterol, Xopenex, Prenisone, & breathing treatments. If you know any of these words then you must have a child with asthma. Our boys (all but Davis) have struggled with it for 7 years now. Inhalers & breathing treatment are given often at The Muller House. What can I say, we have bad lungs!!We went 1 whole year without Hayes having ANY breathing problems. I thought that maybe we out of the woods with him...til last weekend. On Saturday, Hayes got a fever and started throwing up so I thought he had some sort of stomach virus. Till Sunday night when he was starting to struggle for breath. It was then I realized that his throwing up was because of all the mucous he had in his lungs and throat. That night, RJ & I looked at each other and knew we had another boy that was going to struggle with his breathing.
Our first boy to show a struggle with asthma was Easton, who was diagnosed with asthma when he was under a year old. We were in and out of Dr. offices and hospitals with him for over a year. He was put on an aggressive asthma treatment at the ripe old age of 7 months which included breathing treatments, allergy meds & steroids for almost 2 years. However, I am happy to say, he RARELY shows any signs of it. MAYBE once a year...MAYBE.
Our oldest, Parker, grew into asthma & was diagnosed about 2 years ago (at about 7 1/2 yrs). He is now on allergy meds, daily asthma meds, and an inhaler when needed. His asthma is no where near as severe as Easton's was but it is still a struggle for him, especially during Spring & Fall.
Now Hayes...well...we'll see. We are hoping it's just a bad infection that went into his chest. But with how quickly it progressed, I am afraid he may have a struggle with asthma in his future as well. The Dr.'s says it's still to soon to diagnose. But for now we will continue the breathing treatments as needed, watch him closely.
Hey the upside, if you ever need a Inhaler, nebulizer, or some Albuterol, give us a call...we ALWAYS have some in stock!!!
1 comment:
hey, look on the bright side, we can have a Nebulizer party together! BYOM (Bring Your Own Mask) :D...
Post a Comment