Monday, April 19, 2010

With prayer, luck and a whole lotta will-power...

I swore that I would NEVER blog about my weight or dieting. But here I am, and I'm blogging about it.
2 weeks ago, I started a weight loss competition with a group of friends. Everyone put in $15, and after 6 weeks of diet/exercise, who ever loses the highest percentage of body weight wins $175 to spend how ever they chose.
I did great the first 2 1/2 weeks keeping to my WW point counting. However, after that first 2 1/2 weeks, I weighed in and hadn't lost ANY lbs. So for the last 5 days, I have eaten whatever I wanted, when I wanted. Now here I am 3 weeks into this competition with not a one lb. lost.
So why am I writing, because as of today, April 19th, I am re-committing my self to this diet/exercise thing until I lose the 40 lbs that I need to. I'm not necessarily doing it for the prize money either(though it would be a nice bonus). I'm doing it because I'm tired of feeling big & slow...I want to feel good again. Maybe with the more people I tell, the more committed I will be to keep my eyes on the prize. So, wish me luck cause here I go...AGAIN!!

4 comments:

Team Skousen said...

Good luck!!! I love your little signature too, that's super cute!

Greers said...

I want to be supportive and all but lets do dinner sometime! You look great the way you are!

The Eliason's said...

HEY...I just found my "power" too...maybe we put in the same spot :D

LaDawn said...

I know how you feel. I am doing the same thing after 4 kids. Have you heard of the hcg diet? I started it and it helps. Good luck:)!