Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween @ The Muller's

Just so you know, I LOVE HALLOWEEN!! It is one of my favorite holiday's. I love the smell of the jack-o-lanterns in the air. I love the AZ weather and that it's warm during the day but cool and crisp and night. I love that is so laid back, you get to dress up and have fun...that's what it's all about.
For the last 3 halloweens, I was our ward activities director at church so I was in charge of our Trunk-or-Treat. I LOVED it!! It was by far my favoritest calling I've ever had. I got to plan huge parties 4 times a year and any one who knows me, knows I love planning parties and decorating!! So I got my fill of Halloween but it was a trade off because in all the planning for church, my kids kind of got the short end of the stick. I never went to there school parties because I was busy decorating the church party. Costumes were not creative, they were whatever we could find at Party City the weekend before Halloween. However, I was no longer in charge of the church party, leaving all my creative juices to go towards my kids and house. I loved it and I think they loved it.
The weekend before Halloween, we had NO CLUE what the boys were going to be...LITERALLY, no clue!! So Friday, October 23rd, we went to Target so see what costumes were left. We found (on clearance) these Cardinals uniforms in the sporting goods section. Well my boys are super into football right now, I don't ever get to even look at a tv on the weekends because it's been taken over by RJ, Park & Easton watching whatever football game they can find to watch. So this costume was PERFECT!!











Once I saw the uniforms, that was it I knew what we were going as...The AZ Cardinals!! RJ would be the coach, I would be a cheerleader, the 3 older boys would be football players and Hayes could be the football. I was sooooooo excited!! I've always wanted to do a family group costume BUT never had time to put it all together (going back to being over the church parties). So that's what we were!! It turned out so fun!! Even RJ participated. my boys were just the most adorable football players I've ever seen and Hayes was the perfect football.
I spent the week of Halloween scarifying my house. Monday the boys came home to a living room filled with cob webs and ghosts in the upstairs windows.That day, I decided that we needed to have a Halloween get together. So I emailed a few good friends from the ward and decided to have a pumpkin carving party. No costumes, just lots of kids, food and pumpkin carving. It was a BLAST!! I provided wormy hot dogs and werewolf fingers for the main course. Then everyone else brought spooky appitizers. We had green mac-n-cheese, scary veggies, & bread bones. It was so fun. We had 10 adults and 18 kids...16 of which were boys. What can I say, we just LOVE boys over at the Muller House. Thanks to all of our wonderful friends who shared the evening with us.
Then for the MAIN EVENT, RJ put together a block party with our neighbors for the night of Halloween. We also had our "extended" family, The Hunts, over for Trickor-Treating. We have been with them for 7 out of the 9 Halloweens that Parker has been alive. It's tradition. The kids had fun running from house to house and RJ had fun hosting the block party. What can I say it was like never ending Halloween over here at our house.

1 comment:

The Eliason's said...

Even though you stood up at the costume contest for over an hour...I still think your family should have one!! So cute!! And with all boys hard to do, I should know!! Thanks for the fun party, we had a great time. How blessed we are to have so many wonderful frinds that have sooo many crazy boys too!! (Sorry Emily and Rach...we love you even though you broke the spell). Thanks again. XOXO