Sunday, August 22, 2010

Very Merry Birthday to Me!!

For my 34th birthday, I decided to throw myself a "17 AGAIN" birthday party. Well, it wasn't so much a party but more of an excuse for a Girls Night Out. RJ had to work the Saturday before my birthday so since he wasn't going to be around...I figured this was the perfect way to celebrate!!
I planned it, sent out evites & was so excited for a night with my bestest friends. It was going to be a fabulous time!! First we were going to meet for pedicures, then off to Ah-So for dinner. There was supposed to be 8 of us, but it ended up only being 4.
(After the first 3 people called and bailed on Saturday, I almost skipped dinner & just stayed home in my jammies...to much work to have to get ready & go...However, I am grateful to friends who threatened to drag me to dinner whether I got ready or not!!)
8 or 4, didn't really matter, we had such a great time chatting, laughing, shoving our faces & savoring our cupcakes!! Thank you guys SO much for coming & for a wonderful time!! 
(and Rach, I am so glad that you never got hit in the face with flying food "S)
That was Saturday....
Now onto Sunday night.
We celebrated ALL the Jensen families summer birthdays together at Grammy & Grandpa's, just like we do every year. My nephew Peyton, heads to UT for part of the summer & while he is gone we have Easton, Davis, Peyton's birthdays then when he gets back in August it's me, Grandpa & Parker's birthday. So every year, mid-August, once he's home & everyone is back in school, we have a birthday night at Grammy & Grandpa's to celebrate EVERYONE'S summer birthday's at one time. My sis in law, Marisa, made this awesome cake for us. We call it "The Birthday Log." She didn't like the way it looked but it was mmmmm...YUMMY!! Thanks Marisa!!
We exchanged gifts & since we are talking about me...Marisa got me the most ADO-RA-BLE apron, cleaning gloves & scrub brush. She called it "My Desperate Housewife Birthday Gift!" I know...who would be excited about cleaning gloves & scrub brush? But Marisa knows me all to well because I absolutely LOVED it!! My Mom got me 2 new willow tree figurines of a mom with boys that I picked out when we were up in UT. Love those too :)
That was Sunday...
Now onto Monday...
First I went over to my dear friend Emily who gave me my annual birthday haircut. Every year, that is my birthday gift and every year, I love it!! This year, after trying to grow my hair out for a year plus, I had her chop it off. I gave it a good effort but I have officially decided I am just not a long hair kind of girl :(
After my hair cut, I met a very old friend, Jill for lunch at BJ's Brewery. We hadn't been out for so long...I honestly can't remember the last time we actually did lunch and got to visit. It was so great to be able to catch up and laugh about old memories!! Thanks for lunch Jill, it was a wonderful time!!
That was Monday...
Now onto my actual birthday, that came on Tuesday.
The day was VERY laid back and easy going. RJ went to work, I had to take Hayes to a Dr. appoint then take Davis to school. But it was WONDERFUL!! Here is why...#1) RJ got me the shower gel from "The Hotel Del," which I LOVE but never buy because it costs as much as liquid gold.He also cleaned my kitchen and brought me flowers when he got home from work...3 of my favoritest things #2) I got a 3 hour nap...which rarely happens #3) I got many, many "Happy Birthday's" from Facebook and other friends that day #4) My mom brought me my own Hawaiian Haystack for dinner, which is one of my faves but I NEVER make it because all 5 of my boys hate it!! All in all it was a WONDERFUL & RELAXING 34th.

1 comment:

Karen R said...

LOL... your "very old friend, Jill". She isn't that much older than you, ha ha. I know what you meant, I'm just giving you a hard time. Glad you had a great 34th. Too bad I couldn't be there to go with you on Saturday night. I NEVER back out on a GNO!