Friday, August 13, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

I just want to make it really clear...
I LOVE MY BOYS!! I LOVE BEING A MOM!!
But this summer, after 3 months of 4 boys home EVERYDAY...August 9, 2010...the first day of school could not come fast enough for me!!
We had a WONDERFUL and EVENTFUL summer. We went to San Diego. We went to Disneyland. We went to the Xrcade at least once a week to play with friends. We had playgroup with the Greer's and the Eliason's once a week. The boys went to sleepovers, we went swimming & went to see every new kids movie that came out. So by the end of July...I was exhausted!! I'm pretty sure my kids were tired of each other & me. But I was ready for my job as "Activities Coordinator" to be over!!
The first day of school was a great day at our house. Parker and Easton woke up early, made their beds, combed their hair, brushed their teeth & fixed their own breakfast...all without being asked in excitement to head off to school that morning. It was like a festivous miracle @ our house. I usually have to fight with them to accomplish just one of the listed chores...but they must have had some extra energy to burn that morning because all chores were completed without so much as a request from RJ or I. We read scriptures, said prayers and they were off!!
Davis this year, is in half day Kindergarten, afternoon session. So he had to wait till 12:05 to go to school. It was a LONG 4 hours for him!!!
This is how he sat and watched TV for 3 hours, while he waited...
With shoes & backpack on!!
Once it was time to take Davis to school...he was so excited that he got a little frustrated with me when I wanted to take a "back to school" picture of him. Can you tell by the photo?? No smile to be found.
So I quickly took his picture and we headed to school.
Once there he emptied his backpack, found his desk, and told me to leave. I was a little sad. Davis isn't my youngest...but he has been my buddy at home for the last 4 years.
I wasn't to heart broken though...I still did a happy dance once I got home from dropping him off school.
Peace and quiet for a whole 3 hours...I wasn't really sure what to do with the time?? But I enjoyed every minute of it!!

No comments: