Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Happiest Place On Earth

The boys have been asking for a year or so to go to Disneyland. We haven't been since Davis was 1...so it's been quite a while!! And thanks to AMAZING & GENEROUS friends, we were able to go. RJ & I planned the entire trip without telling the boys anything about it. I had packed the suitcases and RJ had packed the car without the boys having a clue what was going on. Then on Monday June 28th, after the boys had woken up, we told them to get dressed we were going on a "field trip" to somewhere fun. So we piled into the van, bags in tow & hidden from the boys & headed out.It was fun for a while to listen to them guess where we were headed. They thought we were going to Sun Splash, The Lakes House, & Castles n Coasters. Never in their wildest dreams did they think we were taking a trip to Disneyland.

After about 30 minutes, RJ & I told them we were going to Disneyland. The boys were shocked...even speechless. They didn't freak out at all...which was a little disappointing to RJ & I but I don't think it had sunk in yet.
That evening when we got all settled into the hotel, I gave each of the boys a "Disney goodie-box to open. The boxes were filled with fun Disney items that I had gotten from the Dollar Store before leaving town, all stuff that they could use while in the parks. They also all got a new Disney shirt to wear. They loved them!!
 We spent 3 WONDERFUL days in the "Magic Kingdom." Enjoying every aspect of the park. From the Churros to the Haunted Mansion, the boys loved every minute of it. Parker LOVED the fast thrill rides. Easton was enjoying being able to go on the fast thrill rides for the first time. Davis' favorite part were finding Disney characters & getting pictures taken with them. It was a wonderful, fun filled, vacation.

This was my favorite picture from all three days
Davis as the "Mad Hatter"

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow it looks like you all had a great trip. What a fun way too tell the kids. I bet they will remember that forever!

LaDawn said...

How Fun!! Tha is so cute how you told them! You are such a fun mom!! It looks like you guys are having a great summer!!
Love ya!!