Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Birthday DREAM come TRUE...

(Oh my, I am so far behind on posting. Summer is flying by...)
Poor RJ, he only gets 1 week a year of HIS special days. Our anniversary is June 21st. RJ's birthday is 2 days after that on June 23rd. Then Father's Day usually falls somewhere right before or after those two days. (We didn't plan that out very well when we were planning our wedding)

Anyway, RJ just celebrated his 34th birthday, amid the week of other events. This year, he has been looking forward to his birthday for months. Not to turn a year older, oh no. But to go to the Diamondback vs. Yankees who's last game in the series, just happened to fall on RJ's birthday. He got tickets months ago c/o Cox Communications, media relations dept. Who hooked RJ up with the tickets for his birthday as a thank you for all the stuff he does for their department. The fact that the Yankees game just happened to fall on his birthday was pure coincidence.

We started his celebration when he got home from work that afternoon by opening his birthday presents. The boys got him a new Yankees hat (because you can never have to many) to wear to the game that night. I got him a new set of scriptures that he wanted for his new seminary calling. He then blew out the candle on his small brownie cupcakes, that were topped with choc. frosting & Reese's (all of his fav's).

Then it was off to dinner we went with our bestest friends, The Hunts. They treated RJ to a yummy dinner at the Arizona Center before the game started. And FINALLY, we arrived at the game. I won't go into all the details BUT I can honestly say that it was by far, the best baseball game I have ever been to. It was truly AWESOME!! RJ couldn't have been happier than a kid in a candy store as he sat their and watched his Yankees beat the D-backs in such an AMAZING game!!! Happy 34th RJ...You are officially older than I am for the next 2 months :)

No comments: