Sunday, October 10, 2010

Me & My Big Boy Shoes

Hayes, my sweet little Hayes. Oh how I love him so. But there is something that you have to know about him...it's his way, or NO WAY. He is a very "strong-willed" little boy. He's not a bad boy...just a stubborn boy.
Well ever since he was born, Hayes has HATED shoes. I'm pretty sure he was bare foot until he was 17 months old. Oh, I tried to get him to wear shoes, especially when we went to church. But Hayes would have NONE of that. If I put shoes on him...he would sit down and scream, refusing to walk until I took his shoes off. So after a while, I just gave up. I figured I'd fight with him about it when it mattered if he wore shoes...like at the start of Kindergarten.
Soooo, you can imagine my surprise when a couple weeks ago (9/2010), Hayes got Davis' crocs and brought them to me with a big smile on his face. I was confused at first...not sure what he wanted. I didn't think he could've possibly wanted me to put shoes on his feet. But I sat him down and sure enough, he let me slip Davis' crocs onto his feet. He got up and started walking around, so very proud of himself. It was funny to watch him walk around while trying to watch the shoes on his feet.
I thought to myself..."It's now or never." So I went quickly went upstairs and got Hayes his pair of crocs. They were the exact same as Davis', but in Hayes' size. However, Hayes' crocs had no wear and tear on them, because they had NEVER actually been worn since I bought them for him back in May.
I sat Hayes down, took Davis' crocs off of Hayes feet then slipped Hayes' very own crocs onto his feet and as you can tell from the picture below...he was thrilled!!
Ever since that day, every morning after breakfast, Hayes runs to the stairs (where we keep our shoes) and brings me his very own shoes to put on his feet for him.

No comments: