OK, so I have been so excited for the last 2 weeks about getting our 3D ultrasound today at my Dr.'s appointment. When I got it with Davis, he didn't cooperate. He was facing the placenta so we only saw a portion of one eye and his forehead. It was like looking at "Phantom of the Opera." I was more hopeful that Hayes' would help us out a little, so we could have a good peek at him. Anyway, Hayes did great...very helpful, positioned right where he should have been for a good pic BUT the ultrasound was still a little less than ideal.
First of all, we had to wait for about 45-55 minutes to get into the ultrasound. Which is very unusual for my Dr.'s office. I mean, I'm used to waiting for the Dr. but when getting an ultrasound, I'm usually in within 10 minutes. Second, since they were running behind, I think the Ultrasound tech did her best to get us in and out ASAP. We were only in with her for a little less than 10 minutes. Most of which, we didn't even know what we were looking at. So even though Hayes did cooperate, the technician didn't and when we got done, I was pretty convinced that Hayes is going to come out looking like a "Lord of the Rings" character. Hopefully not, but honestly...I'm not sure. Those 3D ultrasounds are kind of unflattering.
Anyway, I have attached the one and only picture where Hayes looks somewhat like a baby. Maybe at my next Dr.'s appointment, I'll beg my Dr. for a regular ultrasound to put my mind at ease that my baby doesn't look like "Dobby" the house elf from Harry Potter.
5 comments:
Oh ya...he totally looks like RJ! :)
Is that a lizard attatched to his face?
HA!!
We had one of those done on our daughter and I'm with you-I think they're a little creepy.
I'm sure he doesn't look like Dobby, though!!
I am so sorry it didn't work out...I don't like that ultrasound girl. Maybe Mckernan could get you in at your next appt. I'm sure he is darling and perfect. Love ya
Your other boys have very simular features. I'm sure he will be just the same. My 3D was the same way. We will never do that again. We were afraid to see her and convinced we were going to have to love a monster.
I don't like those 3D ultrasounds! I never had one but I'm totally with you. The pictures just look creepy to me. The good news is that I've never seen a baby that actually looks like their 3D ultrasound pictures. I'm sure Hayes will be adorable. (Great name, by they way, my sister just used it for her baby's middle name. It was my grandma's maiden name and I've always liked it.)
Post a Comment